Recognizing the need for an accounting alternative that services the unique requirements of municipal entities,
Drescher & Malecki LLP (D&M) was formed on April 5th, 2004. Drescher & Malecki exclusively serves governmental
and not-for-profit entities, which permits our professionals to be exposed to municipal audits year round. Independence,
objectivity, and integrity are fundamental traits of our staff and our firm. As our team is consistently expanding their vast
knowledge of municipal needs, our clients are instilled with the confidence that our team is well qualified in the public sector
Our goal is to be a true municipal partner, loyal to the community, credible, reliable, and always working to promote
fiscal responsibility. We exist for municipalities and the constituents they serve. D&M's unique niche of serving municipal entities
is by design; our passion and objective is to improve governments by being more efficient and effective. We strive to accomplish
this goal by maximizing revenues and minimizing costs through our creative approach and expansive knowledge of the industry.
Independence, objectivity, and integrity are fundamental traits of our staff and our firm. Drescher and Malecki LLP is not an
ordinary accounting firm, as illustrated in our Mission Statement:
Drescher & Malecki LLP continues to revolutionize the accounting and audit process to provide practical and innovative
ideas to counties, cities, towns, villages, school districts, and public authorities.
We remain committed to our mission. Serving only municipal and public entities, our entire team has a heart-felt commitment to community.
We are dedicated to cultivating, and providing insightful and practical ideas to improve our clients, prospective clients, and those entities who
contact our firm for guidance. We provide our clients with a significant resource to address the growing challenges of a dynamic reporting environment.
Further, D&M ensures that our clients are receiving relevant and reliable financial reporting in compliance with the necessary guidelines.
Drescher & Malecki LLP provides:
- A team that is familiar with municipal issues.
- A firm that understands the unique needs of each client and is committed to staying informed on local developments and current issues.
- A firm that understands that prompt answers are critical when issues arise.
- A firm that possesses the intricate and specialized knowledge to assist municipal and not-for-profit clients with unique projects.
- A firm with a thorough, well-rounded knowledge of Federal and New York State rules and regulations affecting municipal and not-for-profit accounting.
- A firm with a working knowledge of many commonly used financial systems within the industry.
- A firm that is devoted to helping municipalities and not-for-profits serve their constituents in the most efficient way possible.
During this time of changing economic conditions, timely, informative decisions are a necessity. Our clients have continuous access to our personnel for questions and
advice throughout the year.
Our client service approach is geared towards idea generation to improve your operations. Since all of our professionals are well-versed
in the public sector, they can focus their attention to providing insightful and practical suggestions for improvement.
Providing municipal accounting solutions by personnel with relevant experience has major benefits.
We provide solutions in areas of:
- Audit services
- Budget process development
- Budget analysis
- Tax rate development and analysis
- Budget monitoring
- Cash flow analysis
- Employee contract costing
- Employee contract negotiation
- Developing planning models
- Development of capital plans
- Capital project management
- Departmental mergers/efficiencies
- Strategic planning
- Organizational development
- Financial feasibility analysis
- Debt policies
- Long-term financial plans